IT IS WHAT IT IS




WHAT IS IT?



What is it?
That which I see when I look into your eyes
It is not just a reflection of my image
It is not just the colour of your eyes
It is that which is hidden behind the image
In the blink of your eyes
Which is as old as an adage
And as fresh as the tears in your eyes

What is it?
That which I read when you smile
It is not just the politeness of a welcome
It is not just to last for a while
'that which is hidden behind the welcome'
It is that which is hidden behind the welcome
In the stretch of your smile
That which bids me come
Even when I have to walk more than a mile

What is it?
That which I hear in your heart
It is not just the sound of your heartbeat
It is not just the work of a natural art
It is that which makes my heart beat
To the song only I can hear in your heart
That which makes me tremble in the heat
And gives me the shakes at the thought of being apart




What is it?
That which only I can see
That which only I can read
'that which only I can see'
That which only I can hear
Whether you are far or near?

What is it?
That which makes life beautiful for most
And yet sucks the life out of others
That which heals the deepest of wounds
And yet inflicts the most unbearable of pain

That which gives salvation to souls that are lost
And yet puts others through hell
It is the most beautiful when crafted
And yet the ugliest after its demise

It is that which has a name
And has a lot of explanations
And yet cannot be adequately defined

To a few it is nothing
To others it is something                                                
To some it may be everything
Nevertheless, there is one sure thing that it is

What is it?
It is what It is
 
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comments

TRENDING

CYCLES OF LIFE

'WHY ARE YOU COMING BACK HOME?'

DEAR GRACE

RED BUZZER

LADY OF VIRTUE